Laser Cutting Services
A wide range of materials can be cut and engraved using the laser cutter. Contact us with your requirements.
Please use the steps below for information, advice, or to submit your drawings. Be sure to include your name and contact information, so we can follow-up with pricing and a schedule for delivery.
• Draw all parts with ordinary lines or polylines set to .001” width
• If using AutoCAD, make sure your drawing is set to the world coordinate system (WCS) and that all parts are drawn flat to the X, Y plane.
• Purge all unused layers and blocks
• Scale drawing to desired size
• Set units to 4 decimal places
• Space between cut lines should be no less than the material thickness. Contact us for exceptions.
• Group parts from same material on sheets no larger than 32″ x 18″ for the Universal Laser and 36” x 24” for the Epilog Laser. Keep your parts at least 1/8” from the edge of the material
• Label each sheet with the material and thickness desired
• Pack parts with spacing of no less than 1/8″
Create layers in the following manner:
• If the layer is to have cut lines – name the layer “cut”.
• If the layer is to have score lines – name the layer “score”
• More than one layer for each type of line can be created by adding a number designation: cut1, cut2, score1, score2, etc. This can be an effective way to control the order in which specific lines are processed.
• Please send files in DWG or DXF file formats. Contact us for optional file formats we can accept
NOTE: Make sure there are no duplicate or overlapping lines (this will cause the laser to cut in the same place multiple times and will yield an undesirable result).
By following the above guidelines, you will minimize our CAD time and your final cost.
If you have any questions, please contact HTS or call us at 833-273-6833
Call 833-273-6833 or use the form below